Monday, September 14, 2009

Lost Our Caterer


I know things are going to go wrong, but when they do ... it feels just awful.

Today. I was informed that my caterer has been let go from her job at a popular local Nashville restaurant. This is a big blow considering we were getting a very good deal and were weeks away from finalizing the menu and signing a contract. The crazy thing is, the establishment didn't even contact me to let me know! I found out from our mutual friend and emailed my former caterer immediately. She is a friend and I feel terrible that she has lost her job.

So, we're back to the drawing board on this one. Fortunately, our engagement is long and its better for this to have happened now than later. Big Spoon and I are going to talk strategy tonight.

 Nashville blogger brides, whom do you recommend?

3 comments:

  1. So far, I'm loving my interaction with Mere Bulles. I can't remember - have you already chosen a reception venue or is that up in the air too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I've been reading that! I've always enjoyed that restaurant - great atmosphere. We've picked one place for both the venue and reception. I drop the deposit in 19 days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m so sorry to hear about your caterer. I’m sure that you were so excited to have them do your wedding. Considering she was your friend, it must’ve been exceptionally difficult to know the news. I do hope that you were able to quickly remedy the situation, and that the wedding reception still turned out to be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete