Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Bargain Shopping & New Toys

I've made a couple of big purchases in the past week. I've been scouring the local sales ads like a crazy person and found fourteen 120" round white table linens with thirteen ivory runners and an ivory overlay for super cheap. I am beyond thrilled with this purchase.

I will only be short banquet linens for the food and beverage tables. I am no longer short on the banquet table linens for food/bev as I found LinenTableCloth.com tonight! They had 90" x 120" white linens on sale. I found their Twitter page, became a follower and obtained this code (twitter50082010) for 20% my purchase. An additional 10% was added automatically for their Valentine's Day special as well as free shipping! This is so much better than renting because we have the option of selling them after the wedding.

I had originally planned on black for the food tables, but it bothered the crap out of me for them to be a different color than the tables. I'm weird, I know. So, white it is. Shades of white, ivory, cream, champagne, tans and of course, black.

 
{image from the knot.com}

Over the weekend, I started working on our invitation designs. I'm too critical for my own good, but I feel like we are making progress toward compromise. Anyway, my printer crapped out on me. I've had my HP for something like 6 years. I printed almost my entire Sr. Thesis on that thing!

I wanted another HP and did a little digging on the net to come across this AWESOME offer at Staples. For a limited time, you can trade in your old printer for a $50 credit toward any printer that is regularly priced at $199.00 or above. Luckily, the printer I wanted was not only $199 reg price, but $75.00 off! Cha-ching!


If you go to the Hermitage Staples, be warned that not all of their associates realize that you qualify for both the sale and the credit. One of the associates told me that I couldn't get the $50 credit because it was on sale. Big Spoon (he's so smart) told me to go find a sales ad. It's plain as day on the front of the ad!
I walked out of there with a $200 printer for $80! I also recycled two print cartridges toward my Staples Rewards balance.

Yay for bargain shopping!


No comments:

Post a Comment