Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Our Venue Fell Through. Today Sucks.

Today sucks. Let me just get that out there. The weather is appropriate for the news I got today.

I'm normally pretty cool under pressure, but today I lost it. To my knowledge, I didn't swear at the woman. I yelled. I slammed the phone. I cried loudly for five minutes and a co-worked had to come over and rub my back I was shaking so badly. What happened, you ask? Well, after months of
staying on top of the Metro Parks Office, asking questions, asking if they would be so kind as to go ahead and take my money while they insisted they couldn't book us until Oct. 9, 2009 for Oct, 10, 2010 .... I get an email saying that they have ALREADY BOOKED our venue. TO THEMSELVES.

What the hell.

I've been hesitant to mention the fact that we were hoping to book Two Rivers Mansion online. So much for that because they booked it to themselves!!!!

I immediately called the person in charge of reservations (a detail I got a mere week ago after corresponding with them since February). That conversation didn't go well, so I called the guy in charge.
And he said "oh, well that date isn't solid. I'll see if I can get this taken care of for you. I'll try to shuffle it around". They were supposed to call me back in the afternoon.

And of course, they didn't. I called and left a detailed message and followed that with a detailed email. We are both just floored and the lack of eptitude and common courtesy.

Today, I saw *almost* my entire vision for our wedding day evaporate like a puff of smoke. I'm emotionally drained not to mention an emotional wreck, but I'm positive that this will all work out and we'll find another venue.

Now, let the research and phone calls commence. Sigh.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, you poor thing!
    I'm so sorry.
    I hope it works out for you in the end. :)
    If you need anything, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very sweet, Cassie. Thank you for thinking of me. Right now, I'm zombied out in front of the computer email and looking at venues. If you hear or see anything off the radar, holler at me. Hope you are having a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! UGH! Well...at least it was a year before...and not six months before...or anything dreadfully closer than that. This totally sucks. I don't know what venues you've considered...but have you looked into Owens Chapel over on Franklin Road? Or the Cool Springs House? There are all kinds of neat little places tucked away...its just a matter of finding them. I'll let you know what other places I think of...talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the suggestions, Krista, and for looking out for us. Little Spoon was up during the evening looking for possibilities, and we'll be doing venue auditions this weekend. The first (and biggest) step to securing a new venue is to find it, so the tips are appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's really bad management. I would wait to see if they get back to you, and if not, call the head of the parks department or something. I hope it works out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous: I ended up having to track them down. Four phone calls later, a rather unpleasant person told me that there was no way we could book for that date. Thanks for your well wishes :)

    Krista: thank you for the tips and looking out for us. I really appreciate that :)

    ReplyDelete