Monday, June 28, 2010

Crafts & Cocktails Party

A month or so ago, as I began to stress over how quickly the wedding was is approaching (and my lack of DIY productivity), I decided to invite a dozen or so friends over for a crafting party. I'm very lucky to have so many fantastic friends and a little sister (MOH), most of which had already offered to help me. I could not think of a better way to involve them in this process than by inviting them all over together for some bonding time and of course, drinks and treats!

We failed to get pictures of everyone from early on, but Big Spoon did snap some of us assembling the wedding wands and I snapped a few after the party of our projects. I'm still on cloud nine with how well everything went. We completed the following projects within a five hour span:

• Wedding Invitations (70) - RSVP postcards stamped, assembled and stuffed into envelopes.
• Shower invites (50) - all pieces stuffed into envelopes
• Candy Buffet Favor Bags (100) - tags and spoon charm sewn onto bags
• Wedding Signs (3) - hardware added to the backs
• Wedding Wands (80) - tied, beaded and better than I imagined!

I truly had a blast and I think the ladies did too! Big Spoon was adorably attentive and checked on us from time to time. Miss Jasmin's fiance dropped her off and toted in the most lovely arrangement of hyacinth ever! They smell like heaven.


A million thanks to Beth, Stacey, Bethany, Krista, Jasmin, Jackie, Brittany and Melissa for their hard work. And to Big Spoon for being awesome as always. Thanks for being a part of our wedding process. Love you all!

 {favor bags}

{wedding wands}

{sorted invitations waiting to be addressed}

1 comment:

  1. Aww...fun, crafty goodness. Too bad Ghana had to go and keep Africa in the World Cup during your shindig.

    ReplyDelete