Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The fun of spontaneous chats

In a crazy work week, it's easy to lose track of each other a bit. And let's face it - even partaking in special events together doesn't lend itself to sharing about the sorts of things that are sometimes important to address in a relationship. That's why sometimes, it's best just to have nothing at all planned; for me, that's when the best conversations can occur. This weekend, Little Spoon and I were lounging around and finally got to talk out a bunch of our stresses (or at least, I got to unload a bunch of mine), mostly because we were able simply to listen to each other without having to worry about being somewhere at a specific time or do something important.

Sometimes, it's the unplanned, free-flowing conversations that are the most satisfying. You just have to leave some dead time for them to occur...spontaneously.

3 comments:

  1. You've been SPLASHED!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the splash and your kind words of recommendation! I'll have to work a bit more on blogging with Little Spoon so that we can truly meet our goal of doing this blog approximately half and half :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so sweet, big spoon! I love that your posts are mostly about our relationship. I'll make sure I contribute some of those in the future :)

    ReplyDelete