Friday, October 09, 2009

Venue Reviews, Part 1

Today, I'd like to wrap up my thoughts on some of the venue's that I have looked into this week for our 2010 wedding. I'll talk about the ones I've visited and some I didn't and why. I hope this helps someone out there looking for a great place for their ceremony or reception.
Click here to expand and read reviews.

Hermitage Golf Course
Old Hickory, TN 37138

This is by far the nicest looking golf course I've seen to this point. The Future Mrs. Smith had her ceremony and reception here in September, which is how I found it. Kara Torphy is the special events coordinator and she is wonderful to talk to. She shoots straight and answers any and all questions. She seems to be a great person to work with and coordinate wedding details. I especially liked their garden and gallery. You can rent all their spaces (minus the course) for $2500.

Pros: There are two built-in rain plans.
Cons: You can only use an outside caterer if you pay a buy-out fee.

Hazel Path Mansion
Hendersonville, TN

If you are looking for an all-inclusive historical venue on the north or east side of town, this might be the place for you. Located in the heart of Hendersonville, this mansion has really been kept up. It's gorgeous on the inside, with numerous chandeliers and rooms to use for the wedding party, buffet line, etc. They will also work with you if you do not want a package.

Pros: It rivals many other historic mansions in beauty and price.
Cons: You must tent the reception. Tables & chairs not provided if you don't go with a package.

Timothy Demonbreun House
Nashville, TN

This is by far one of my favorite finds. The owner is an ancestor of Timonty Demonbreun and named the B & B in his honor. If you are interested in a more intimate gathering with great anemities, contact Richard Demonbruen. He is so very pleasant and helpful. They sell alcohol at cost, can handle the catering (because they are a B&B) and also have wedding weekend packages.

Pros: Lovely place and lovely prices.
Cons:  No Sunday weddings. (Which was the downfall for us).

Baber House
Gallatin, TN
  
If I could do this thing over again, this would be the first place we would have looked at. I think my heart was set on a Nashville venue, but 45-minutes outside of Nashville, this place is this gem. I've never been there, but I've driven by it for YEARS on the way to my hometown and had no idea it was used for special events. The pictures are breathtaking - an old historic home meshed with contemporary styling. We were really disappointed to find that this venue is booked for our wedding weekend. They only book one wedding per weekend, which could be a pro I guess.

Pros: It's gorgeous and the price is fantastic!
Cons: They are BOOKED. Our date plus two back-up dates for 2010 are already taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment