Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Weight Loss Wednesday

Since I started the 3N1 program at the YMCA, I've been doing pretty good about staying active. However, I got sick over my holiday vacation and now it seems everything has gone to crap.

I missed nearly a week of "activity" and feel as though I am starting over. Tonight will be my second night back since being sick and let me tell you, I have not been a good girl. I ate lots of sweets over the holidays and am kind of afraid to weigh myself. I'm trying to keep in mind that it's ridiculous to expect results after three weeks.

In addition to simply wanting to look and feel better, I have my overall health in mind and am hoping to create some strong habits to prevent problems later in life. It's more than just vanity - I want to live many years as Big Spoon's wife and hopefully our children's mother. My Dad was diagnosed with type II diabetes in October 2007. We also have a history of heart disease in the family, so it's important for me to start now in taking better care of myself.

If I haven't said previously, my health and fitness goals for 2010 are:

1) lose 20 lbs the healthy way by getting lots of exercise and eating good things.
2) severely limit my processed sugar intake
3) make the above habits for the remainder of my life

What are your health and fitness goals for 2010?

No comments:

Post a Comment