Thursday, April 08, 2010

Thursday Tips & Tricks


Happy Thursday!

Sometimes, when I am out shopping, I find really cool stuff that would look great at a wedding ... just not ours because Big Spoon would kill me. I have a very good partner in Big Spoon because he keeps me in check. I would have re-vamped our wedding ten times over by now if it weren't for him and our budget spreadsheet.

That being said, I'd like to pass along some ideas, tips, tricks to you all. Hopefully they are ideas you can use. Today is all about bargain hunting for your wedding decor.

• After Easter sales are a great opportunity to get a cheap flower girl basket or program holder. Michael's at 100 Oaks had some very cute white ones.

• Bird cages. Looking for them? Try TJ Maxx, Ross and Marshalls. Their spring stuff is in.

• Having a candy buffet? Again, head to those bargain stores. Ross has had a steady stock of apothocary jars for less than $12 each!

• Check out the Dollar Tree for simple, modern glass vases for $1 each or check them out online and order in bulk.

• It's a great time of year to check the sales adds for Micheal's, Joann's, Old Time Pottery and Dollar General Store for shepherd's hooks! I bought a dozen last year at Joann's for 50% off.

Don't forget to enter the giveaway! I'll announced the winner on our blog tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment