Wednesday, August 25, 2010

45 Days

I am on the last stretch of a roller coaster ride. It's the moment of the big drop - you're scared to death because you're at the top and about to plummet really, really fast and what's more, you know that after that drop, the ride will be over. Luckily, I'm looking forward to getting off this ride and getting on the newlywed train. I'm just fearful of the drop. It's all happening so fast!

We have less than 7 weeks until the wedding. 

There's been a lot of life stress lately outside the magical world of wedding planning. Or maybe that's just what happens when you're this close to your wedding day? Everything is magnified. I'm making longer-term plans for my education, career and creative health. Work stress is almost inevitable and my allergy shots are trying to kill me. This past weekend, my Dad was admitted to the ER and I've spent part of Saturday, Monday and a short time yesterday at the hospital with my parents. (My dad had emergency gall bladder surgery on Monday and he's doing better. Thanks to everyone for your kind words and messages.)

Big Spoon makes everything better. He's as wonderful and supportive and undemanding as they come. It's comforting to know that even in our most stressful times, we can lean on each other. My dear friends are a tremendous help to me as well ... especially those who have who have helped me plow through so many wedding projects and my little sister/MOH who is doing a killer job planning my bridal shower for this Saturday while simultaneously working two jobs, being sick and being pregnant.

I'll probably be too busy to post again until Sunday between being behind and my bridal shower on Saturday, but I have some interesting vendor spotlights drafted for the coming week (fingers crossed). I'm really excited to be in the home stretch!

No comments:

Post a Comment