Friday, August 14, 2009

Learning As I Go

I've been checking on prices of styrofoam at local craft storesfor the faux cake DIY ... and I have to tell ya, I'm probably better off going to a bakery and ordering a cake with delivery. To make the faux cake stack properly, I'm going to need several pieces in two sizes ... and even with a store coupon, the task seems daunting (and expensive).

However, I have located "cake-dummies" online that are much more affordable. This must be what the cake bakeries use to create their mock-ups. Since I have a recipe for royal icing, I should be good to go. Those Michaels and Joanns coupons will come in handy for for other things, I'm sure.

1 comment:

  1. I have some little foam peanuts if you want to glue them together. It might look a little lumpy. LMAO!!!

    ReplyDelete