Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Weight Loss Wednesday






There are 305 days until our wedding. How exciting! We've plowed through most of the big things - budget, guest list, date, theme, photographer, venue, catering, dress - and I now have time to work on the details after the holidays. 


But, oh, the holidays! I have an out-of-this-world sweet tooth and zero low will-power. From the time that Big Spoon and I met in 2008 until now, 14 months later, I have gained approximately 17 lbs. That is sooo not cool. Especially because I already own my wedding dress. 


Thus, I need to weigh 20-25 lbs less than I do now. That may sound drastic, but I'm not fully expecting to lose that much. It's setting the goal that counts for me and making the lifestyle changes actually work for once. Now more than ever, I feel like I have the support system to reach any goal I set for myself. 


Basically, I'm holding myself accountable by announcing it to the blog world that I'm challenging myself to lose weight. Of course, for the wedding, but additionally, because I'm in my late twenties and my metabolism is slowing down. I want to have children someday soon and I want to be in good shape, healthy in mind and body. 


I feel completely vulnerable putting this out there, though. Body image and weight issues are something most women won't talk about openly. I'll be doing these things as frequently as possible to trim down and tone up:


• Take the stairs. All six flights, every morning.
• Eat four - six small, balanced meals a day.
• Just say no to candy. Have a treat once a week to feel less deprived of sweets.
• Early to bed, early to rise.
• Find an exercise routine that is fun, because otherwise it feels like a chore and I won't do it.
• Cook more. Cook more healthily.


Okay. Here we go!

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of you, Little Spoon, for taking this step and for being so open about it. I'll do what I can to help out and lose with you - now that the crazy season of the job is winding down, I'll be able to buckle down and work out with you again.

    ReplyDelete