Monday, March 08, 2010

Music Monday


So, how important is wedding music to you?

It really varies from couple to couple and it's definitely a way to infuse your personality into your wedding day. Picking out music together can certainly serve as bonding time for you and your partner. Or at least I hope it can :D

Big Spoon and I just couldn't care less about having a dance party as a reception (which is one thing I was happy we agreed on). I also know that music isn't high on Big Spoon's priority list. I happen to be a music fanatic, so naturally, the music matters a lot to me. It isn't in the budget to have live musicians or a DJ. Luckily, we have a good friend who has tons of experience and equipment who will be controlling our playlist via computer.

That said, looks like I will be the one providing the playlist for both the ceremony and reception. Although it may be difficult to pull all of this together for our friend-DJ, I much prefer it to hiring someone who will play songs we don't even like or worse, skip songs we specifically request. My first priority is the ceremony music. I can't wait to post a list of what we choose!

What kind of music did you have at your wedding? Traditional/classical, religious or contemporary?

No comments:

Post a Comment