Thursday, June 10, 2010

Thursday Tips & Tricks

Sadly, I've really neglected this series, but I just don't have time most days to share all my good ideas! Today, we're four months away from our wedding day! Yay!

My favorite thing in the world (other than reading) is bargain shopping. I get a perverse thrill from finding awesome deals and my Mama taught me to share, so here ya go. Let's talk about Dollar stores. Sure, they can be tacky, but coming from someone who used to design stationery for the $1 market, you can find some really great stuff out there, too!

I dropped in to the Dollar Tree in Gallatin, TN this past weekend and holy smokes, they have a whole aisle of wedding stuff! Like this perfectly reasonable guest book mat for $1. It's 11 x 17!


Or these gorgeous glass votive holders for your reception tables. Also, $1 each. Also, look at places like Old Time Pottery for glass wear. They have tons of apothocary jars.


In the wedding aisle, I found silver bell place card holders (like the ones below) six for a $1 and I bought two packs for our buffet tables. They normally run about $1.55 each on wedding favor websites. I'd say this is a steal, comparatively.


Not to mention the possibilities for home decor and wedding signs by purchasing one of these little $1 luau signs. I bought one for a DIY project I can't wait to share with you! Hint: primer and spray paint.


Great thing about Dollar Tree is that you can now order wholesale from their website, so if you need 48 floating candle bowls, you can get them direct without going from store to store.

Next up, Big Lots. I freaking love this store. They always have a ton of scrap booking stuff and Martha Stewart crafts close-outs, among other fun finds. This was my favorite yesterday - talk about decoration your reception under budget! All these glass vases were $2 each or $2 per package of 3. Add a can of $0.97 white spray paint from Walmart and create "fake" milk glass jars for way less than they are going for these days. Cha-ching!


Happy bargain hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment