Friday, July 02, 2010

100 Day Countdown


446 days ago, I was standing in Central Park agreeing to become Big Spoon's wife.

In 100 days from now, all these things we've done will culminate into a wedding day - all the hard work that Big Spoon and I have done together, the things my friends have helped with, the plans my family has listened to, will reveal itself on the day we publicly share our love and commitment, and, for all purposes, become man and wife.

After all this momentum toward one day, I can honestly say that I am ready to be married. I look forward to the day after our wedding - when I am his wife and we can move forward in our new roles. I feel stagnant now because I've been planning and stressing and scheming and doing for well over a year.

I am ready. I am ready. I am ready. I am fine. 

I'm starting to get nervous ... a happy, "hurry up and get here" nervous. I catch myself thinking about how fast the first half of 2010 has gone by and how quickly the wedding is approaching ... but still, it isn't fast enough.

I'm still not sure what is so special about the number 100, but it feels important ... like we've reached the top of the roller coaster and are about to fly down hard and fast before the ride ends. There is a lot to look forward to and a lot of work yet to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment