Tuesday, June 29, 2010

DIY (sorta) Wedding Signs

I must confess that I did not do all of this myself, nor is there much of a tutorial surrounding this project but I wanted to share anyway.

I won a $50 gift certificate to 12 Point Signworks in Franklin, TN while attending the Unabridged Bride workshop and decided to cash it in on three vinyl cut outs. A big THANK YOU to Liza Hippler of Maiden to Married and Murray at 12 Point Signworks for being so very awesome.

I purchased three of these medium sized wooden plaques at Hobby Lobby, primed and spray painted them ivory on both sides. Here's the before from Hobby Lobby's website:


And after I spray painted them:

Then, I carefully added the vinyl cutouts. (I will add the arrows once I know which direction they should be pointing.) Word to the wise: make sure your surface is relatively smooth if you are using vinyl. One sign didn't turn out quite as smooth as the others and I'm experiencing a bit of bubbling with the vinyl. Nothing I can't take care of with a finishing spray, but still. I should have sanded that particular sign a bit before priming. Lesson learned.


Next, my friend Stacey added the picture hanging hardware to the back of the during my Crafts & Cocktails party. I then tied a wide black satin ribbon on each one in order to hang them from a shepherd's hook.

And this is the finished product minus the directional arrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment