Thursday, October 07, 2010

3 Days


IT'S ALMOST HERE! This is my last day at work before the big day.

The in-laws arrived safely last night and we enjoyed dinner together at Olive Garden. Both Big Spoon and I are working today while the parents are ironing our linens, bless their hearts. We will be picking up tuxedos tonight for everyone in our wedding party as well as getting those last minute details completed (consisting of burning a music back-up disc and packing our overnight hotel stay bags).

Last night, I asked for an emotional check-in. Big Spoon revealed that he is feeling nervous, but looking forward to life after wedding, when my attention isn't so focused on ONE DAY. So am I, darling! Oh, I cannot wait to put this in my rear view and move on with our life together.

I'm not saying that he journey hasn't been fun or enjoyable ... it's just been stressful and consuming at the same time. Weddings just are. Big Spoon mused that it has certainly been a valuable growth process for me, but I think there's more to it than that. Our relationship has grown throughout this process, too, and by being with Big Spoon, I've learned to become a better version of myself. The "self" that I've been striving to be for many years. As cliché as it sounds, he's my missing puzzle piece and brings out the very best in me.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you two! And I can sympathize with exactly what you mean by getting it behind you. Weddings are amazing, and fun, and stressful. But married life is pure bliss! No plans- just enjoying life together.

    ReplyDelete