Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Early Birds


Jan 10, 2012 - Would like to edit this post for anyone who is looking at hiring this photographer for your wedding. Our advice is DON'T DO IT.  If you'd like more information, please do not hesitate to contact us. We believe it is in bad taste to slam our photographer in detail on our blog - we don't want the legal liability that comes along with that. However, I will give you an honest, fair review of his services if you ask. 

If there is one thing that Big Spoon and I have in common, it is our necessity to planning things out. I like spontaneity in life - in healthy doses - but over all, I'm an obsessive planner.

We've already booked a photographer! *Biggest wedding mistake we made. Take your time, couples!

Photography is on the top of my wedding priority list. I deem it an absolute necessity, but not one that should put us in debt. That said, I began researching Nashville photographers early.

There are hundreds of talented photographers in Nashville. I utilized Nashville City Search, Google searches and the Nashville Scene's readers polls. Once I had an idea of internet ratings of photographers, I browsed their sites to compare work and price. If they didn't have a price online, I hesitated to consider them. My "dream" photographer was way out of my price range. Everyone else seemed to be equally talented, so it really came down to price and package. *Don't believe all review websites. Vendors have the option of NOT publishing some website reviews, especially those that are negative and can sometimes petition to get negative reviews removed. Word of advice, ask any photographer you are considering for a password to galleries of the last three weddings they shot as well as a wedding that was particularly challenging. If you don't like what you see, don't sign the contract! 

In the end, we only met with one photographer. Based on his website, work, prices, reviews and communication it was an easy decision to make after meeting Derek Lee, who owns {Affordable Wedding Photography of Nashville}. *Personality is VERY important. If you don't like your photographer, you won't enjoy your wedding day. To be fair, we did like him, but didn't interview anyone else and got sucked into "if you don't do it now, you'll lose the date scenario. Interview everyone that seems to be a good fit and go with your gut. Don't be pressured to make a decision. That's a big, fat red flag that they might be less than professional or trustworthy.

We are getting a great, affordable package that includes an album of prints, an engagement session, several hours of wedding photography and ALL of the digitals at no additional fee. We are really looking forward to working with Derek. *Oh, it was affordable, all right, but you get what you pay for, folks and I got a stressful, horrible wedding experience. My entire family was upset at this guy. Like I said, email for details. 

No comments:

Post a Comment