Friday, April 17, 2009

DIY, Oh My!



My mama always said "if you want something done right, do it yourself." I'd like to modify it for the purposes of my wedding: "if you want something done right, affordably and have the time, then do it yourself."

These are the DIY projects I anticipate completing for our wedding:

• all planning (hoping to recruit a day-of-coordinator)

• invitations, save-the-dates, lined envelopes, programs, table numbers, place cards

• wedding favors

• my veil

• boutonnieres

• bouquets and centerpieces

• petal toss cones

• farewell bells

• cake topper (possibly)

• a cake stand

• keepsake handkerchiefs (if there is time left)

Top Row (Left to Right): monogrammed handkerchief via {the lace shop}/ wedding bells via {one wed}/ birdcage veil via {Bird Cage Veils}/ cake stands via {Macy's}/ceremony signs via {funkifolkart on Etsy}/wedding boutonniere via {myrakim on Etsy}/petal cones via {Wedding Bee}/wedding cake topper via {laurenalane}

No comments:

Post a Comment