Sunday, May 03, 2009

Gown Shopping

I have been asked more than a few times now when I am going gown shopping. The short answer is "I don't know." For as much as I have enjoyed the pre-planning and detailing thus far, the gown freaks me out just a little. I've never been an easy fit (and I recall with a shutter the hours and days and tears of prom dress shopping) and I'm more than a little afraid that all the dress I think I like will look terrible on me.

From what I have learned through research, most boutique bridal shops place their samples on sale in March and/or August. I also have read that November/December is the best time to buy because everyone is looking to make a sale during the "down" months and there will be sales.

Firstly, I'm not sure I can wait until November to look, but it probably wouldn't kill me considering our wedding isn't for another 17 months. Secondly, I'm waiting for the fall lines to come out (David's Bridal gets their newbies in June).

In light of all of this, I am posting my current favorite dresses. Feel free to leave comments and tell me which is your favorites!


"Sophia" from {J. Crew}


{Mori Lee} #2201


{David's Bridal}

No comments:

Post a Comment