Monday, August 09, 2010

Music Monday: Prelude Music

via phoenixnewtimes.com
I have this spreadsheet, thanks to Style Me Pretty and Google Docs, with which I have been planning our wedding music. I considered the pre-ceremony music - also known as the Prelude - for a long time and discussed it with Big Spoon. He doesn't care as much about pre-ceremony and reception music simply because we won't actually be hearing much of it. So, it's my job to plan for it, which is perfect.

I decided that the music chosen for the ceremony may have more impact if all the music prior to it is instrumental. Thus, Vitamin String Quartet and Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. I love classical music and during years in which I'm not planning a wedding, I try to buy symphony tickets. Nashville's symphony is awesome and if you've never been, you really should.

I've put together an hour or so worth of music for before the ceremony. Here's a sampling of what we're including by Vitamin String Quartet:

Stolen (Dashboard Confessional)
Flightless Bird, American Mouth (Iron & Wine)
In Your Eyes (Peter Gabriel)
Beautiful Day (U2)
All I Want Is You (U2)
Lovers in Japan (Coldplay)
The Scientist (Coldplay)
Chasing Cars (Snow Patrol)

1 comment:

  1. LOVE THEM! Such a good selection! :) Missed seeing you yesterday at Louise's shindig! I have 3 beverages dispensers for you, btw. :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete