Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Another DIY Project ... Quick & Easy

When I saw these featured over at Thrifty Decor Chic, I had to have make them! They are gorgeous knock-offs of the uber-expensive William Sonoma hurricane candle holders. See the comparison:


I traced the original tutorial back to Get Your Martha On, but all you need for one is a "crystal" candle stick holder, a tall vase and epoxy. I purchased all of my glassware at the Dollar Tree in Hermitage for $1 each and I have the epoxy on hand. They also have hurricane vases that swoop out at the edges like the WS versions if you like that.

These are inexpensively gorgeous and multi-purpose: my sister wants to fill them with fruit at my bridal shower and they're a super cheap alternative to apothecary jars for a candy buffet, candles, etc for a wedding.

WIth Big Spoon's (and the kitten's) help, here's what we made over the weekend:

Happy DIYing!

No comments:

Post a Comment