Friday, October 01, 2010

Dressed to the 9s

source

I've been away at my annual conference, and it's been a particularly rough one for me this year because I'm branching out into a whole new line of work that I've never done before and that's insanely technically complex. It doesn't help that the person who was helping me out and training me moved away a few months ago...and left work undone that I was counting on. Now I'm flying by the seat of my pants and hoping it works out.

But I wouldn't be able to been able to get out for this conference without Little Spoon's help. She packed my bag for the conference, making sure I was dressed nicely, had all my toiletries, and got me some snacks so that I could have cheap but reasonably healthy meals instead of having to eat out all the time that I'm here. I know that she sometimes feels like she doesn't do enough to help me out. But she's been a huge help to me in laying the foundation for me going here, and she's been a sympathetic ear when I've had things go wrong (e.g., losing my notebook with all of my notes of cool ideas, finding out I need to do even more analyses to complete my posters).

Thank you, Little Spoon, for helping me get through this conference. I'm not sure I could do it without out, and I look forward to being back in your arms, helping us surge through the remainder of our wedding preparation.

No comments:

Post a Comment