Friday, February 11, 2011

Our Wedding: Prelude to Ceremony

I dislike the phrase "getting ready" to describe the time before our wedding ceremony. I can't explain why, exactly, but it seems to me an understatement for what one is about to do. I was already ready ... I was soooo ready to be married to Big Spoon. I got my hair styled and my makeup applied. I got my dress laced up and my shoes on. I place my veil and hair piece into my hair.

But I was already ready emotionally. I had an 18-month-long engagement. I couldn't have been more ready to step into that dress and walk down the aisle toward the rest of my life. But as much as I dislike the phrase for it's underwhelming qualities, I can't think of a better one.

I was alone most of the morning of our wedding. I cannot recommend this. Try to have someone with you, even to hold your hand or take your cell phone away. I'll discuss this in length in another post, but for now, here is a pictorial review of the prelude to our ceremony:

© Epic Image Photography
Father In Law, Brother & Husband getting ready in the Judge's Quarters

 © Epic Image Photography
Father In Law fixing Big Spoon's tie
 
 © Epic Image Photography
Mom helping me get dressed
 © Epic Image Photography
Mom helping me get dressed
  © Natosha Benning. All rights reserved. Not for personal use.
My goodies.

 © Epic Image Photography

 © Natosha Benning. All rights reserved. Not for personal use. 
Love my little hanger.


 © Natosha Benning. All rights reserved. Not for personal use.
My mom and I collaborated on my garter.

 © Natosha Benning. All rights reserved. Not for personal use.
Sarah lacing me up just like a Southern belle.

No comments:

Post a Comment