Thursday, May 06, 2010

DIY Yourself Into Insanity - An Update

Remember way back last April - over a year ago! - when I listed all the DIY projects I was going to do? Yeah, well, we've got about 5 months until the wedding and there are so many of them I can hardly see straight. I've learned, like most DIY brides do, that some things just have to not happen and I'm okay with that.

I will post more of my projects as I finish them. I don't consider all of it DIY because I do a lot of this for a living. However, I do feel like I will be finished with everything in plenty of time (fingers crossed.)

Here's a peek:

• all planning (hoping to recruit a day-of-coordinator)  Check. Did and done.
• invitations, save-the-dates, lined envelopes, programs, table numbers, place cards No seating charts, woo hoo! Screw it. The rest I have under control. The SDs went out ages ago, the invites are printed, mats are trimmed, monograms are punched and assembled. 
• boutonnieres, bouquets and centerpieces  Not happening. I'm leaving this to the expert and offering a hand & two eyes.

• petal toss cones  Replaced by wedding wands.
• farewell bells Not happening.
• cake topper (possibly) DONE!
• a cake stand Not happening because I bought one!

• hand-stamped thank you cards DONE! I love the trash at work!


Still planning on ....
• wedding favor bags, tags and signs
• my veil(s) & a fascinator

• shoe bling
• keepsake handkerchiefs (modified ... I'm cheating.)
• garter (again, cheating because I have an awesome mom).
• customizing the aisle runner ... maybe.
• various other decorations including but not limited to toasting flute & cake server embellishments, program holder, wedding tree guest book print, wedding signs and mason jar wires. 

No comments:

Post a Comment