Friday, September 03, 2010

Vendor Spotlight: Artisan Flowers

via Artisan Flowers
What happens when one of your best friends from your first graphic design job branches out into the world of floral design during your engagement? You get really friggin' lucky, that's what!

via Artisan Flowers
Please welcome Artisan Flowers to my arsenal of vendors/friendors who are starting new businesses in the wedding industry. I really enjoy collaborating with folks like Jasmin, Sarah Mallory and T30SB because, like myself, they enjoy working with brides, helping people problem solve and love this niche of the creative industries.

Jasmin has a blog and will be adding to her portfolio over the next few months. I'm very excited to see how my flowers turn out as we are using muted but lush fall colors that don't scream pumpkins and hayrides. Don't get me wrong, I love the fall. It's my absolute favorite time of the year. However, I didn't want our wedding to have the "typical" fall look. She plans to use red spray roses, hypericum, bear grass, ivy, Ivory roses, red roses, khaki roses and cinnamon roses. I love roses and I'm not ashamed of that.

We'll hang my hand-made & hand-dyed coffee filter pomanders around the venue as well! We'll be making those on Sunday with a few other wonderful friends who have offered to help me wrap up the wedding projects.

Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment